|Technical data||CBR 80 T|
|Max. temperature [°C]||1150|
|Burning chamber diameter [mm]||430|
|Burning chamber width [mm]||-|
|Burning chamber height [mm]||480|
|Burning chamber depth [mm]||-|
|External width [mm]||660|
|External width [mm]||720|
|External height including base [mm]||920|
|External height with inverted base [mm]||-|
|Appropriate furniture set||Furniture set B|
KITTEC® STUDIO-LINE, CBR model series, Raku top-loaders up to 1.150°C
Raku – a firing technique from the Far east. Each ceramic produced here is
unique, unmistakable and not reproducible. Our raku kilns are characterised by the fact that they are easy to transport, have very short heating-up times and are easy to handle.
In recent years, Raku firing has become quite a boom. Each ceramic produced here is unique, unmistakable and not reproducible.
The firing material is sprayed and is usually glazed before it is heated to between 750 and 1050 °C. It is removed while glowing from the hot kiln with the Raku forceps. It is then cooled by placing it in a container with sawdust, leaves or grass. Immersion in water ultimately changes the glaze again. This allows everyone to develop their own technique in order to give a personal touch to their ceramic. This always makes Raku exciting.
Raku kilns are characterised in that they are easy to transport. Easy handling and very short heat-up times are also desirable. All these advantages are combined within the KITTEC ® CBR Raku kiln. It is thus an inexpensive and robust alternative to self-built
”Raku-casks“ – ceramic-fibre-free and durable. And all of this with an excellent price-performance ratio.
- Optional: Extremely quiet, highly adjustable high-performance burner
- Easy to transport due to detachable legs
- Optional: Bottle connection (pressure regulator and manometer including all fittings between burner and gas bottle)
- Optional: Temperature indicator battery-powered
- Optional: Built-in and protected thermocouple for temperature detection
- Optional: Transport castors (two of the four castors with brakes)
- Optional: Levelling feet
- Special dimensions and CBRB Raku ring kiln on request
The KITTEC® STUDIO-LINE kilns are manufactured in small series and offer an excellent price/performance ratio. This series is the re-design of the highly successful CB series, with which Kittec started the top-loader series in 1979 as one of the first in Europe.
Our kilns are designed for regular use within the specified temperature range. They are carefully calculated, assembled and inspected only then do they leave our facilities – for this purpose, the final check by the inspectors is marked on the seal of approval with their name.
Features of this product line:
- Thermocouple for temperature detection, protected
- Stainless steel components, low outside temperature
- Optionally rollable (two of the four castors with parking brake)
- Heating coils in grooves
- Available in the colours anthracite, green, yellow, red and silver
- Easy-to-use control with over-temperature protection
- Heating coils with low surface load, secured against slipping
- Gas pressure lid opener
- Later expansion through retro-fitted extension ring
- Bypass exhaust air nozzles